- 202 commands to make coding that much easier for you.
Take a peek here.
- Consistency with the rest of Tcl:
- Documentation has same look-and-feel.
- License is the same for all practical purposes.
- Commands designed to be:
- Quick to figure out and use.
- Not overly technical.
- Documentation is set up for ease-of-access:
- Offline and compiled help files that are faster loading than online.
- Full text search (within .chm).
- Indexed by keywords.
- Interconnected via "See Also" section.
- All commands are demonstrated with an example(s) in the docs.
- Partial Loading
- You are not required to have every package that Gen uses or even the latest version in order for Gen to load and work.
- Gen will find what you have on your machine, and load what it can.
- Gen reports to you what you are missing: packages and versions.
Gen is free (same license as Tcl). You can check out its features below.
- Every command is tested.
- Test suite is comprehensive with 978 tests.
- Command inputs are checked for valid format. Errors in input format are reported (e.g. we tell you if you try to add a non-numerical value).
- Documentation is extensive and covers the error conditions for each command.